How do I use my email address instead of the default email@example.com?
The beauty of the MailClark email integration for Slack is it's a two-way sync -- meaning you can receive and send out emails from Slack.
The default setting is to send emails out from a custom email account set up for you (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you don’t connect an account, emails will be sent from MailClark servers. Opt for this if you want the inbox to be 100% in Slack. Emails in Slack will be kept separate from your other emails.
If you want to use your own email address instead of the default, here's how:
settingsin a Direct Message to MailClark. Or, type
settings #channel-nameto directly access the settings of a given channel.
- Choose the Slack channel linked by MailClark's email integration.
- Click the "Edit settings" link. You’ll then be taken to a separate settings page in your browser.
- Click on the "use your domain" link underneath the email address.
- In the dropdown with the default email address, choose "+ add another domain".
- Turn on the option to "connect an existing email" and find the link to your email client or domain host. If you turn on "Connect an email account," MailClark—like every email app—needs your SMTP details to send emails from your email provider’s servers.
- Finally, fill in the details for your host, port, email address, and password. If you don't have the information or it's not pre-filled, then you'll need to contact the email admin at your company.
- Press save and you're done! :)